Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee? Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts? And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
Understand text, its not hard to hear God speaking these words to us today in America
- Repeated arguments in book- Stout Words
- What against Thee?
- Conversations between yourselves
- Serving God is empty
- Keeping God’s law gives no profit (Sabbath Sales)
- Humility (mournful) gives no profit
- Proud are the happy ones
- Wicked workers are established
- Those that tempt God ARE delivered
- Serving God is Empty
- See our nation doing this
- See our nation embracing this
- Tempted to believe this ourselves
- We should remember Psalm 13
Past – worshipped God Now- worship emperor
On this 4th weekend
- How should Christians respond to the apparent success of evil doers?
- Be faithful to public worship – PS. 73:17
- Be faithful to Bible reading- Ps. 73:24
- Be faithful to prayer – Ps. 73:28
- Be faithful to witness – Ps. 73:28
- Be faithful to Christian fellowship – Mal 3:16