Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
- Last book in our O.T.
- Not Last book in the Hebrew O.T.
- Last prophecy from God
- Final Word from God
- vs. 4 – Remember
- What? How? Why? (Deut. 6:4)
- Law, statutes, judgments
- vs. 5 – I will send- anticipate
- Simeon, Anna, Zacharias, Elizabeth, Mary, Joseph, John the Baptist
- What? How? Why?
- vs. 6 – Explanation in Luke 1:17
- lest I come
- a curse = ban = some that happened to Palestine when Israel came = destruction
- depart from me, ye cursed
- justice in word ‘curse’
- holiness in word ‘curse’
- power in word ‘curse’
- mercy/love in word ‘curse’
- lest I come
- A contrast with the word curse – Rev. 22:21
- Two final words- mutually dependent (cannot have one without the other)
- Christ made law stronger and man more sinful
- justice in word ‘grace’
- holiness in word ‘grace’
- power in word ‘grace’
- mercy in word ‘grace’
- love in word ‘grace’
- Men believe in this order
- Man will have one or the other
- Same Lord will perform both
- Will You Heed His Final Word?