I posted this as a status on Facebook, but thought I’d like to add it to my blog also. So, here’s my slightly expanded blog version.
We LEAVE!. And we leave pamphlets that say…..
”We’re going home. And when we’re there, all the money we save by not being here will be spent on bombs, and other weaponry. If anyone from here comes to attack us, we’re coming back. And we will destroy EVERYTHING here. Your mosque, your marketplace, your houses, your huts, your gov’t buildings, EVERYTHING!!. So ALL of you had better make sure that NO ONE trains or harbors any terrorists here. Bye. Hope to never see you again.”
A few commented on my FB status and here are my not-so-well-thought-out reactions to them.
1. We failed Afghanistan in the 80’s read the book Charlie Wilson’s War. Just think the difference our country could of made economical, political and Spiritual if we would of provided the needed infrastructure in the 80’s. Things as simple as education.
- Maybe so. Maybe not. Maybe we should have had the same attitude back then. Probably not. But the fact is we can not change the past. We don’t need to be fretting about what we should have done.
- My point in this is that everyone there must know that if we have to come back, we’re not going to be looking for combatants. Everyone there will be held responsible for the actions that their culture incubates.
2. We should leave pamphlets that say “Jesus is coming back soon. Have a nice day!”
- Well, they don’t really believe in Jesus over there. I’m not saying that they don’t need the gospel. But it is not the job of our government to evangelize them. The job of our government is to protect us from them. In my opinion, the best way to do that is to put the fear of annihilation into them.